Last night I was happily writing a scene, minding my own business, when the scene ended and I had no idea what to write next. Not the dreaded “B” (block”), but I was tired and I’d gotten a lot of pages done in a short amount of time, so I guess the idea font ran temporarily dry. It happens.
This morning I woke up with Dory’s line from “Finding Nemo” in my head: “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.” With that in mind, I could be putting my copyright-infringing foot in my mouth but I need to stay away from thoughts of food (and mocha), so here are 5 of my favorite movie lines (with great appreciation to IMDB.com):
1. Office Space: “We get caught laundering money, we’re not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We’re going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison. “
2. The Bucket List: “Here’s something to remember when you’re older, Thomas – never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart. “
3. The Abyss: “Goddammit, you bitch! You never backed away from anything in your life! Now fight! Fight! Fight!”
4. Bull Durham: “This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.” (I had a hard time picking a single quote from this movie. I’ve seen it so many times, and we quote it around the house so often, that I want to send “Release Point” to Ron Shelton to see if he’s interested.)
5. Field of Dreams: “We would’ve played for meal money.”