I could leave this blog blank because right now, so is my imagination. After all, it’s Monday and I only have 1 cup of caffeine in me now. There are days, especially on Monday, when I think I just need a mocha IV inserted directly into my arm. But there are good things about Monday, such as:
1. “24” is on. My weekly Jack Bauer fix. If ever there was a popular character that could teach me about writing conflict, that’s him right there. I can’t help but question if there’s a connection between President Palmer on 24 and Barack Obama getting elected. Hey, if there is a connection, amen.
2. There’s a whole week ahead, full of the potential for productivity. Even better when there’s only half a week ahead. I’m working remote part of tomorrow, around a mid-day dentist appointment, and there’s a serious possibility of a snow day on Wednesday, so in this case, less is better (if I’m only going to be in the office 3 days out of 5).
3. Did I mention “24” is on?
4. I’m not as tired on Monday as I will be on Friday, after 5 solid days of waking up at 5:30. Of course, as the saying goes, those who don’t believe the dead come back to life haven’t seen my office at 5 on Friday.
5. Oh yeah, “House” is on too. Love the dialog on that show.
Not that Tuesday is a whole lot better, but things will be better by, oh, Thursday.